Wow, what a crazy busy week we’ve had!
On Thursday afternoon, my team headed out on a colleague’s boat for a cruise to Snug Cove on Bowen Island. I can’t believe I’ve never been to that island before…it’s super cute! Nugget was a very polite guest…once we hoisted him onboard, he slept for the entire trip at the back of the boat. On the return trip he was a bit curious, so I brought him to the front of the boat to enjoy the view. He seemed to like the wind whipping through his fur :-)
As if a boat cruise wasn’t enough for my NuNu, Chris and I took him to the off-leash doggy park for the first time! There were about 8 other dogs of different sizes already in the enclosed area, and Nugget couldn’t wait to get his nose near them for a good’ol sniff! The park is his little doggy heaven :-) What a tired dog we had afterwards!
As the weekend approached, we just kept getting busier! On Friday, Sharon & Travis hosted a bbq at their place, and they were kind enough to let Nugget join the fun. Asides from poking Matt in the bumbum, our boy was very good. He’s adjusted very well to condo-living, and for a large dog he manages well in small spaces.
On Saturday, Sandra, Angela and I resumed our “cooking” group. This time we tackled Japanese food…miso soup w/wakame, tofu and enoki mushrooms, make-your-own-sushi (for fillers we had: egg, bacon, enoki mushrooms, salmon sashimi, tuna sashimi, cucumber, japanese pickles, avocado, and teriyaki beef), black cod in miso sauce (fujiya has marinated fish), and black sesame crème brulee for dessert. Yum yum! I’ve discovered I still have a lot to learn about kitchen “stuff”…apparently I bought the wrong type of fuel for my kitchen torch :P
After living in our condo for 1.5 years, we finally used our common room and bbq! We invited a bunch of friends over on Sunday for some good eats. I put my domestic skills to work and made spinach dip (always a favourite!), pasta salad w/a dill, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, Caesar salad (with the Earl’s secret recipe!), and an apple crisp w/homemade vanilla ice cream. Chris was the bbq-tionist, and he had the lamb chops, boerwors, and maui ribs grilled to perfection!
To end our busy holiday weekend, we joined Geoff & Sunny (and family) for a delicious hotpot dinner in Richmond. We were “cooking” up a storm…prawns, lamb, beef, enoki mushrooms, noodles, “balls”, wontons, assorted veggies! So, so yummy! Makes me want to do hotpot at home again…but I think I’ll wait a few more months.

1 comment:
I've been waiting for you to post about this! You know, I thought I had finally started "showing" on the weekend, but really it was just all the good food! I'll post the black sesame creme brulee recipe if you post the exact proportions of miso soup..
Post a Comment