Tuesday, March 21, 2006

robbed again......sort of. WTF?!?!

so this morning, i found out i was a victim of credit card theft. tonight when chris and i got home, we found out we were the victims of an attempted break-in. apparently someone broke through our parking lot, through the "secured" door, and then into the storage room. a total of 10 lockers were damaged and/or stolen from. we were very, very lucky tonight, and discovered that even though our locker had been broken into, nothing was stolen (at least not at first glance). another owner, who i've seen several times, had his bike stolen, so i was surprised that my somewhat valuables weren't taken. i'm going to do an inventory tomorrow of everything in our locker, and then photograph everything. i had meant to do this a couple weeks ago, but just never got around to it. it always takes an event like this to get your butt into gear :P

at least the day's over now and nothing else can possibly go wrong. right? what's tomorrow going to bring? i don't want anymore challenges this week :(

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Geez, Tres what a string of bad luck. I hope nothing was taken.

As for the credit card stuff, I do purchase things online, but I never opt to save my information on the "database". You never know how safe they are keeping it.

How ironic, considering our discussion at sushi last week :(.

tres said...

yeah, i don't save my credit card info, but when you create an account online they require addresses. so i'm really not sure how my info was stolen.

i was also thinking about that conversation, too :P such a pain in the arse....

Tara said...

That's horrible. Reminds me that I should look at my credit card statements more carefully in the future. I wish I was one of those people who actually keeps my receipts in some sort of order. I actually did catch a restaurant that double billed me once.